The simple things: puto + dulce de leche

So a few weeks ago i was doing some grocery shopping along tomas morato. out of nowhere i see a little crowd surrounding, what looked like a taho vendor (tin cans and all). Di ko pinansin. I didnt feel like getting taho anyway. But, as i got closer, i saw people coming out with —-> *see picture*

That, my dear readers, is puto WITH dulce de leche!!! ON THE STREETS. sorry na lang to those who have seen this before but i NEVER knew this existed. to me, two tin cans, carried around the streets is automatically TAHO! so, imagine my surprise and JOY, when i found out na puto na nga siya, may dulce de leche pa! #foodmiracle

You see! and it isnt your normal kind of puto. It’s the small, bite-sized ones. the one you can eat whole or maybe even two at a time (like me haha). And then of course there was kutsinta. they also put dulce de leche on it. basta, bagay ang deulce de leche sa lahat. sa mga malulungkot ang buhay, dulce de leche is like caramel fudge.. if nutella tastes like a 10.. dulce de leche is… mga FIFTY :D

But anyway, i just got excited over this. i hope i meet mr puto-de-leche-man again because i will seriously buy him out! #booyah but then again, 2 pesos per piece lang naman! HAHAHA :D so.. am i the only one who has never seen this puto-de-leche man prior to 2012???

#delicacy#dessert#dulce de leche#food#kutsinta#latest#mikael daez#philippines#puto#sweet#yummy

Comments

1. Marikit - February 18, 2012 @ 11:59 pm

I’ve eaten this before pero ngayon ko lang nalaman na Dulce de leche pala ang tawag dun sa caramel like thingy na yun. Super Phail

2. Brian Ong - February 22, 2012 @ 7:50 am

Wow! This is something I haven’t seen EVER before! I hope to bump into the Puto-man :)) YUMMMM.

• mikaeldaez - February 24, 2012 @ 12:16 am

walk around tomas morato and kidnap him kung makita mo! ive only seen him once. he’s like the frickin lochness monster

3. Rachelle Reyes (@RachCReyes) - April 7, 2012 @ 1:31 pm

yan yung POTPOT na dumadaan tuwing morning. Heheh
    Don’t worry man, di pa ko nakakita ng puto na may DDL.
    plain lang at kutsinta with yung niyog (di ko lam sa tagalog e. ngungot samen) HAHAH!
    maTry nga pag nakakita ako :P

4. Rachel - April 25, 2012 @ 6:47 pm

I live near Tomas Morato, but I’ve never seen this. Around what time was it when you chanced upon him?

• mikaeldaez - May 7, 2012 @ 9:31 am

hmm.. it was a bit after lunch if I remember correctly :p

5. mahriyhan - July 6, 2012 @ 1:01 am

Wow!! It looks deli’ :)) ngayon lang ako nakakita nyan.:D pasalubong when you see mr.vendor man again. :D

6. jun - November 8, 2012 @ 1:40 pm

i like puto esp kutchinta… but all these years i only found out now that somebody sells it with dulce de leche
    you rated if 50- it must really be yummy